The European Credit Research Institute (ECRI) is an independent, non‐profit research institute that develops its expertise from an interdisciplinary team and networks of academic cooperation partners. It was founded in 1999 by a consortium of European banking and financial institutions. ECRI’s operations and staff are managed by the CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies).
Understanding credit markets for Europe
ECRI provides in‐depth analysis and insight into the structure, evolution and regulation of retail financial services markets in Europe. Through its research activities, publications and conferences, ECRI keeps its members and the wider public up‐to‐date on a variety of topics in the area of retail financial services at the European level, such as consumer credit and housing loans, credit reporting, responsible lending and consumer protection.
Board of Directors
- Isabelle Guittard-Losay, President, ECRI; Head of Institutional Relationship, BNP Paribas Personal Finance
- Jean-Eric De Mesmay, Director International Development, Cofidis
- Peter Moller Jensen, Vice President, VISA Europa
- David M. Rees, Group Legal Advisor, Provident Financial
- Peter Villa, Member of Executive Board, Schufa Holding AG
- Mark Cliffe, Chief Economist, ING Group
- Paul Thomalla, Global Head of Corporate Relations and Development, ACI Worldwide
ECRI funding comes from a variety of sources, including corporate and institutional membership fees, externally commissioned research, conference fees and publications sales.
ECRI has also two Associate members:
- Sparda Banken
- The Luxembourg Bankers' Association